Friday 2 May 2014

BIRTHDAY HAUL













I haven't posted in agesss because my camera is completely broken, and I've been pretty busy. As you can guess by the title of this post, it was recently my birthday, on the 27th April. I had a lovely day and it was really exciting and fun and I got lots of amazing presents that I'm extremely grateful for. 
My main and favourite present was a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 White Camera. I'm completely in love with this camera, it's so cool printing photos instantly and it looks really cute&is so easy to use. I love the mystery of not knowing what the picture will look like, since there's no display screen, and just taking it and hoping for the best, not being able to edit or finalize it and just getting what you get. 
Another thing which I am totally enchanted by is Rookie Year Book One. I've been a massive fan of the rookie mag blog for ages, and have finally got the first book. Since I unwrapped it, I've been completely absorbed in it, it basically hasn't left my hands. If I can give you any advice in life, or if you are to gain anything from scrolling through my little blog, it is to BUY THIS BOOK. Whether you read their blog or not, I don't think its possible not to love this book. I'm not going to ramble on for too long about its content, I'll probably do a review once I've finished reading it, but the pictures are literally heavenly, and all the collages (/mood board things? I don't have a clue what you call them?) are gorgeous. It's full of general life-related topics (mainly suited to females, but I guess some guys would enjoy it too), cools DIYS, amazing playlists, interviews, stickers, advice and general fangirling. 
From my best friend Shannon (peculiarthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk), I got the whole Maze Runner Book Series, which I'm really excited to read and very grateful for. The other book I got was 'My Future Listography'. It's really cute and fun, and I love making lists, which is kind of weird, but thats what you do in this book, listing all the things you hope to do/achieve/have/see/be in the future.
I got a few things from lush, which are really lovely&have accomplished turning my bath exotic shades of electric blue, and filling it with seaweed and glitter. 
One of my other favourite presents was the NAKED 2 PALETTE!!! I was so happy when I got this, the colours are all so gorgeous. I didn't have any of the other naked palettes, apart from the Naked Basics, so now I can begin my collection!

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so lovely, and to anyone who got me anything, or wished me happy birthday x

4 comments: