Tuesday 14 January 2014

ALEXA CHUNG: 'IT' REVIEW



IT

My obsession with Alexa Chung has no limits. So a few weeks ago I purchased her book 'IT' from Urban Outfitters, and was instantly addicted. It's a breath of fresh air for any die hard Alexa fan, or any fashion fan too. This book is definitely one of my all time favourite reads. It starts of like a personal diary of a 12 year old. Alexa shares all the hidden details of her life in a captivating and enchanting way, talking about her early tastes in music and clothes. A lot of the book consists of pictures, which all look amazing and break down the text, as well as delicate little doodles of faces or flowers. From fashion, hair&beauty tips, opinions on her first modelling picture at the age of sixteen, thoughts on lipsticks and haircuts, and discussing her idols including Kate Moss and Karl Lagerfeld, this little pink book's got everything. 
I like to think of the book as a journal of her thoughts and pictures that her sixteen year old self would have wrote down or stuck above her bed for inspiration. Or I suppose you could think of it as a Pinterest board of things from different times of her life with Instagram pictures. My favourite line from the book? Without a doubt would be "I have to start putting my nail varnishes in the fridge to keep them nice, but now there's nowhere to keep the butter" purely because it inspired me to try it myself, and made me laugh. I highly recommend reading IT, as it was fascinating to read, and all of the pictures are completely gorgeous. 

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia, I have nominated you for The Liebster Award, heres the link to show you what it is if you dont already know! hope you can take part.
    http://www.fashionsignal.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out here http://milliemac05.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this book too, it was a nice light read and is nice just t have a flick through! Great review
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! &me too, it was such an easy (yet brilliant) read! x

      Delete